Health and wellbeing is at the heart of Torbay’s libraries:
- Welcoming everybody in person and online. Libraries are free to use and open to everyone in Torbay.
- Connecting people and communities together. Our libraries are community hubs, bringing people together in safe and trusted spaces.
- Signposting health information and resources. Books, eBooks and information covering a broad range of health and wellbeing topics and local services.
- Events and activities promoting healthy living and wellbeing. From reading groups to knitting clubs; from memory cafes to meditation. Come and join us!
- Giving opportunities to volunteer and contribute. Contact us to find out how you can help.
- Supporting vulnerable, lonely and isolated people. A range of inclusive services including
- Books on Wheels, digital support and free access to IT in our libraries.
During the coronavirus lockdown our virtual service is still open with free eBooks - including Reading Well titles and our Mood Boosting Books collection. Also e-magazines, fun online content and live streaming events - choose from Bounce & Rhyme, Story Time, Language Lessons, Reading Groups and so much more...